A summertime staple on the BBQ.
However - most people end up burning them on the outside and leaving them raw in the middle.
Make sure you let your fire die down to embers before you cook. You don't want to be cooking over flames!
In the video and recipe below I show you exactly how I prep my sausages for cooking perfection and how I glaze them to take them to a WHOLE new level.
- Bramble jelly/berry jam
- Skewer 4-6 sausages with two wooden skewers, one at each end of the sausages. This makes it SO much easier to cook the sausages evenly and flip them on the grill.
- Cook these gently on the grill over embers. If there is flame it's NOT time to cook yet!
- As the sausages are becoming ready mix a good dollop of your favourite bramble jelly - or some other berry jam in a pan with a good glug of your favourite rum (mine being Old J!).
- Cook the glaze gently until it's both runny and sticky.
- Once the sausages are fully cooked through (use a temperature probe like a Thermapen if unsure) start brushing the glaze onto the sausages using a silicon brush, or if you're boujee, some fresh rosemary.
- Once the sausages are glazed on both sides, get them off the grill. I like to serve them on a board prepared with a bed of Sauerkraut.