Deborah's Biscotti Recipe
👏 I 👏 LOVE 👏 BISCOTTI
I am a coffee addict and a biscotti with my flat white is the perfect pairing.
So, when my friend Deborah came into our shop, GENESIS, and told me she had the perfect biscotti recipe, I HAD to give it a try.
I take no credit for this recipe - all I can say is, it's banging and worth sharing!
This makes QUITE a lot of biscotti, so if you want less, just half it, baby!
- 500g Flour
- 500g Sugar
- 15g Baking Powder
- 6 or 7 Eggs
- 100g of "Mix ins" - I used a mixture of white chocolate, pistachios and dried cranberries
- In a mixing bowl combine your dry ingredients
- Start adding your eggs and stop when you have a wet but shapable dough
- Flour a surface and roll your dough into 4 "sausages"
- Space well apart on two greased baking trays (as they will spread)
- Bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes until firm
- Remove the biscotti onto a cooling rack and lower the oven to 140c
- When almost cooled, slice the biscotti and return to the oven for 10 minutes on each side to get them nice and crunchy
I'm told by Deborah that these keep for weeks in an airtight container, but even a large batch never lasts more than a couple of days here!